A Sickle Cell Blog Headline Animator

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

T-Boz Struggles With Swine Flu

As noted on the American Sickle Cell Disease Foundation website and reported the blog popeater.com



With her diagnosis of sickle-cell anemia and recent brain surgery, Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins isn't a stranger to sickness. But her recent bout of the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu, came as a complete shock.

The former member of girl group TLC and her daughter decided to see a doctor after having sore throats for three days. He told them that her daughter had flu and T-Boz had swine flu. "I was like, 'This is unbelievable,'" she told Life & Style. "I made arrangements right away for my daughter to stay with my mom."

"He gave me antibiotics and antiviral medications like Tamiflu and Levaquin, as well as a low dose of steroids," she said. "I had to stay in the house and away from everyone."

Although the H1N1 virus is known to be potentially life-threatening, T-Boz never felt her life was in danger. Read More HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment